The Pot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  

Good Luck Boys!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bob 'Tinker' Taylor
Admin
Bob 'Tinker' Taylor

Good Luck Boys!! Empty
PostSubject: Good Luck Boys!!   Good Luck Boys!! EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 4:03 pm

I would just like to say good luck to all the boys over in Ireland.
post your bad beat stories on here boys, i'm sure there will be a few...
Back to top Go down
http://thepot.omgforum.net
Abe

Good Luck Boys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Boys!!   Good Luck Boys!! EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 2:49 am

The weekend itself was awesome, nice birds nice drink great poker, shame our hotels were in the ghetto... The tournament structure and play was brilliant, definitely going to start attending more large scale (300+) tourneys...

About 45 mins in I raised from 3rd position with AKo, get reraised by 6th position and I call, flop A J 10... I bet our he reraises all in, I fold he shows set of tens... That took 40% of my stack which fucked me...

Worst BEAT as such was on cashtable... I have 25E infront of me, after waiting for ages raise to 7 preflop, the guy on my left and Arron call, I ask Arron to check in the dark so I go all in in the dark, I have pocket Jacks and have obviously commited myself, flop ace eight six two clubs... guy folds, arron calls with pocket 2's and hit runner runner flush....

On my table the board ran to a royal flush as well which was pretty sick...

Quality weekend, the worst beat I heard about this weekend though was Basils 98 euro round for just 3 of us hahaha...
Back to top Go down
Bob 'Tinker' Taylor
Admin
Bob 'Tinker' Taylor

Good Luck Boys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Boys!!   Good Luck Boys!! EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 11:13 am

sounds like you had a good time abe, not sure how your mate could call with the pocket 2's, but each to their own i guess.

we have been talking for ages about running satellites to big events, if you see an event you fancy going to, tell me or cookie, and we'll sort it out.
Back to top Go down
http://thepot.omgforum.net
cookie

cookie

Good Luck Boys!! Empty
PostSubject: great weekend   Good Luck Boys!! EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:18 pm

in response to all thats been said about the IPO weekend in ireland......what a weekend!"!!!!

all the boys represented us really well.........exept me.....who should find another passtime!
abe lasted 7.5 hours and played some great stuff by all accounts. arron managed to double up 1st hand of the tourney when he flopped a set of 9s against a fool that thought aces were unbreakable. tattoo rob was flying until neil 'bad beat' channing was true to his name and took half of his stack. (rob raises with AJ hearts....bad beat call with AQ...flop comes J high...rob bets big, channing calls, turn puts 2 hearts on the board so rob bets even bigger(7k)...channing calls....river is a queen and its checked down.....shocker!)
basil managed to fold his way 5 hours into the tourney with no cards at all....and i managed to lay down QQ on a KK 10 9 flop.....and was winning, then lose 4k on a 9 high flop with pocket 10s....then move in with top pair and nut flush draw only to run into a made straight- (and should have known better by the way).

cash tables were crazy ...with 400 french players calling all bets with any hand, and the mad irish contingent doing whatever they wanted with whichever hand they felt like!

i think the staff at the tournament came straight out of an anne summers lengerie catalogue...and made it hard to concentrate on your cards...or anything else for that matter.

and best of all.......abe, basil and myself had a quality night out in dublin....highlighted by a female actually touching abe's arm.....which apparently counts as sex in his eyes!

we'll be attending as many of these sort of tourneys as possible and have already had lots of people pre booking with us....so more the merrier really.

'the pot' on tour in force!!!

cookie
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-pot.co.uk
Robb

Robb

Good Luck Boys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Boys!!   Good Luck Boys!! EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Cookie has summed it up perfectly! It Was an awesome weekend with so many storys to tell! I must say i nearly made history not for playing poker but for almost knocking Channing out LOL!! But i kept my head and didnt even breath a word to him! Very Happy .

I never thought that id see Doug (ben) smile lol he is so funny!

Although none of us actually cashed it was well worth the money spent and i will go to as many other trips as the pot can offer!
As long as i dont forget my passport!(again)
Rolling Eyes

Our own side events with sugars and coffee as chips were a right laugh and the pizza's were mydreams come true hahaha!!!!

A big thanks to Cookie, Ben, Arron and Basil for a quality weekend!

Good luck in Malaysia Baz see you soon
Back to top Go down
Abe

Good Luck Boys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Boys!!   Good Luck Boys!! EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 2:46 am

Back to top Go down
cookie

cookie

Good Luck Boys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Boys!!   Good Luck Boys!! EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 4:56 pm

i can just see it now......you being moody cos he reraised with A3...lol
Back to top Go down
s7eve

Good Luck Boys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Boys!!   Good Luck Boys!! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 5:31 pm

Hi cookie .. was nice to bump into you there... I think arron must have been on my first table there was a 99 vs aa clash which the aces played terribly...

And if it was arron he would have witnessed my well played aces getting fooked by a one outer....

I enjoyed the cash tables and yes they where mad, Luckily I managed to more than pay for my expenses..

Came 12th in the last side event and was ul again with my demise .... having just moved tables(with 120k) blinds 10/20k .. i was straight into bb and robbed ... next hand all folded to me on sb and i push ... bb insta calls with the mighty t4 off... he was french.. merde!!!!!

Hope you manage to come to DTD on nov 22 should be good...

cya soon s7eve
Back to top Go down
cookie

cookie

Good Luck Boys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Boys!!   Good Luck Boys!! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 8:35 pm

yeah the french eh??????

we'll see what we can do for the dtd thing....ill keep you posted mate
Back to top Go down
Abe

Good Luck Boys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Boys!!   Good Luck Boys!! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 1:56 pm

Whats the DTD thing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Luck Boys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Boys!!   Good Luck Boys!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Luck Boys!!
Page 1 of 1