The Pot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  

Jacks on the button

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nick

Jacks on the button Empty
PostSubject: Jacks on the button   Jacks on the button EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:38 pm

At the cash table last week I had JJ on the button and about £120. 8 players. Two limpers, Lummy raises to £4 in middle position, Cookie calls in the cut-off, I raise another £20, thinking that no-one seems to have much and I can take it here. All fold except Cookie. The flop comes K62 rainbow. Cookie checks, I bet £35, representing AK and thinking JJ might be ahead anyway. Cookie reraises, putting me all in. Eventually I fold, after deciding that the only rational explanation was that Cookie was slow-playing AA. Any comments? Maybe one of you with more imagination can see something else.
Back to top Go down
cookie

cookie

PostSubject: jacks on the button...   Jacks on the button EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:03 pm

what actually happened there nick, was i has AK and didnt reraise lummy pre-flop because i really dont like the hand too much....and its difficult to play out of position if you miss. if i reraise preflop and miss, ill feel obliged to bet the flop anyway, because the pot would now be big enough to be worth 'buying'. if i flat call and miss, i can throw it away no problem and forget all about it.
id actually put you on a middling pair when you reraised anyway...it was a 'i dont want to see a mucky ace on the flop' kinda raise. therefore...unless you had 3 kings (unlikely as i had the other one)...i was pretty sure i was winning. and at that point, i want to check, because there was only 1 over card if you did have a pair...so youd have to bet. it was all pretty standard really....perhaps your flop bet could have been a bit smaller.....youd have gained the same info out of a £20 bet.....especially as only you and i were left in the hand. there were 2 clubs on the board, so i think id have raised you anyway.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-pot.co.uk
stowjon

PostSubject: Re: Jacks on the button   Jacks on the button EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:31 pm

1st you raised to £20 into a pot that was @£15 already makes the pot £35 cookie calls for £16 more makes pot £51.
cookie checks and you bet £35 making the pot £86 cookie raises which i will assume is a min raise to £70 so pot is now £156 you have roughly £65 behind.if you shove the pot is now £221 and its only £30 for cookie to call which makes the pot £251 total.

my man if you thought he had AA why on earth did you fire £35 into the pot with an over to your pair and a suspicion that your beat anyway.
IMO you should have floated the flop and fired the turn with a pot sized bet if cookie had put you on a mid pair and an 7,8,9 came on the turn and you fired at it (this is assuming cookie checked the turn) i think he mave had to lay down his AK.

But on the other hand Cookie WTF did you not reshove preflop if you was sure he had a mid pair youve got 2 overs even if you do hate it its not a bad hand i hate AA preflop but id gladly look down at it every hand lol

Hope my little insight makes some sense
Back to top Go down
c00kie

c00kie

PostSubject: Re: Jacks on the button   Jacks on the button EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:34 pm

cos altho it rarely happens jon....once in a while i am actually wrong!!! my read of middling pair could have been a bad one..... and i shove only to find an insta call from nick with kings or aces.....and £120 preflop is just racing and hoping to hold up or catch up. best part of my game is post flop id say....so i try to avoid massive all ins pre. especially on the cash as ive been stung a few times....and it hurts!!

shoving preflop with AK is a tournament play really....doesnt work as well on cash table, but is still massively overplayed
Back to top Go down
stowjon

PostSubject: Re: Jacks on the button   Jacks on the button EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:11 pm

deffo agree with your last post i assumed by your 1st post that you knew this player better than he knows himself. lol
if this was against polish pete im sure youd have thrown your car keys and house keys in without a 2nd thought lol.
im assuming nick is no mug then?
just reading up on all the posts in the forum to try and get a little insight into some of your players lol
Back to top Go down
c00kie

c00kie

PostSubject: Re: Jacks on the button   Jacks on the button EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:06 pm

nick is a solid player..... no mug at all. and doesnt really put too much into bluffing. and eventually made the right fold...even tho he put me on the wrong hand. but managed to work out he was beat, which is the main thing i guess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacks on the button   Jacks on the button Empty

Back to top Go down

Jacks on the button
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pot :: Poker-
Jump to: