The Pot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  

IPO REPORT

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stowjon

IPO REPORT Empty
PostSubject: IPO REPORT   IPO REPORT EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:58 am

Friday:
Wake up at 8.30am and fill up on brekky,shower and then a stroll to the regency. Find my seat and wait for "dealers shuffle up and deal" and we are away for the 2010 Boyle Poker IPO. im in seat 10 and the only player on the hendon mob database is in seat 4 he looks about 14years old and looks like hes shi##ing bricks everytime he picks up his cards. seat 9 is yet to arrive and when he does 10 minutes late he is drunk as a lord.he lasts approx 50 minutes. seat 3 is the benefactor of his drunkness when he trebles up with quad 9s vrs 2 players with 2 pairs. i sit and play ABC poker and by the end of level 3 im upto 16-18k. when a mid poss player flat calls from his 10BB stack, i have QQ so i raise to 1200 and the SB shoves for 7k which MP player calls for the last of his 3k, i go to the tank and fold my QQ face up to gasps from the table and when SB shows KK my fold gets the respect of the table. a few hands later i pick up AA and a MP player raises to 1200 i pop it to 4200 and MP jams his 14k stack in my chips reach the middle before his! he shows QQ and SB tells him he should be as good as me and be able to fold QQ (i dont agree with the rub down but chuckle to myself) AA holds and im upto 35kby 4pm.
the table gets broken and im moved to seat 10 table 33the scouser in seat 9 has 60k ish and no other player has over 20k so i feel good about the table.i run like god and within 1/2 hour im chip leader at the table and scouser is down to 40k. a big pot ensues between seat 1 and the scouser when seat 1 bets at every street with scouser flating every bet untill the river where he jams all hes got, sat 1 tanks and folds and scouser shows a stone cold bluff not even a pair. seat 1 is p*#sed off and shoves 24K in utg to win about 900 chips tilty tilty lol. we hear last hand before dinner and im in SB and tilty mctilt is in the BB i have AQ so i flat tilty shoves and i snap him off, DOH he shows KK but ace on the flop and hes walking while im stacking.by 11pm im sitting at about 95k when the table gets broken and im moved to the feature table. i lose a few chips and im down to 80k when i get involved in a hand against a mp player who seems quite TAG i have AQ and he raises to 12k i flat call and the flop comes Q104 he bets 12k and i think i want this pot now so i raise to 37k and ewwwww he flat calls the next card is a Jack and he goes all in i tank and fold he shows 10J (dik called another 25k with 2nd pair).any way im stll alive and we finish the day with 58 player left from 650ish and i have 39k with the blinds starting at 3000/6000 ante 500.

Saturday:
blah blah blah side event donked out blah blah blah lost a bit on cash blah blah blah
sureal moment was me talking on andy blacks phone to his sister about his nephew who is a student at the university that i run the bar in

Sunday:
121 player return with 1 being the bubble im sitting 100th in chip stacks so im thinking the side event at 3pm is looking good.we go hand for hand for the 1st 4 hands of the day untill the bubble bursts and we are off im thinking any ace or any pair and im shoving low and behold i get AA shove and get called and they hold a orbit later and i get AJ sooted and i shove, get called by the same player and i hold again (btw the player is the same guys as 10J on the feature table friday mwahh ha ha revenge). before i know it im upto 300k and looking good with a very good table image. then my table get broke and i go card dead for 2 hours and get blinded back down to 160k when a familiar face get moved 2 to my right its Surindar Sunar. i look down and see AK b4 i can act there is 2 all ins 120k and 140k i have them both covered but fold i would have rivered a straight and knock out both player and would have been over 400k. i manage to chip up to 500k when im in the Bb with AQ and Surindar moves all in for 120k and i think ive got him but then the SB shoves for over 600k and i fold. table broken again with 40 players left and blinds start killing everybody i get Kd Jd with 260k behind i shove and get called by 1010 who hits a his set on the flop but boom queen turn and 9 river sees me happy again. i then go card dead untill we are down to 16 players and we go on break, when we come back i have 220k left and im in the BB (60K) and i see 73off after an all in and a call i fold and then im SB and bloody typical the same 2 cards and again an all in and a call so i have to fold again. a couple of hand later i see an ace and thats good enough for me to shove A6 it folds to BB and i tell him his cards have the same pattern on the back so he has to call which he does and he has A9 bit of a sweat when the flop comes 345 but blank blank gives him a better kicker and im filling out paperwork for 2000 euro and 13th.

im very happy as its the deepest ive been in a big field and my best payday.
Back to top Go down
c00kie

c00kie

IPO REPORT Empty
PostSubject: Re: IPO REPORT   IPO REPORT EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 11:22 pm

nice work jon.....gutted a few of us werent there to muff you (at least youd have known the dodgy call with 2nd pair was coming then!)

well done mate....
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-pot.co.uk

IPO REPORT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pot :: Poker-
Jump to: